Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Relationships in High School... Bleh

Why are relationships so hard? I think that probably no matter what age you are, a relationship can be tough. I'm only 17, and I know I'm still very young and haven't seen the world yet, so I shouldn't worry about stuff like this. But I do. Not just the typical high school fling or the hot jock/cheerleader deal... Screw all of that. I was never really into that type of stuff. I mean, I've had my share of crushes and whatnot.. but I knew better than to expect anything from any high school guy. My "friends" would come to me with so much drama between them and their boyfriend. And I would tell them the same thing over and over.
YOU'RE DATING A GUY IN HIGH SCHOOL. 
No wonder he's cheating on you!!! He's still young himself!!! No wonder there's so much drama. No wonder theirs so much conflict.
Don't think I believe that all guys in high school are like that, because they're not. And even guys that are in college or  completely done with school have their share of problems. I'm just saying that in the high school I went to, there was no way I was going to let myself get caught up in all the bullshit. (Another perk of being a loner.)
The thing I'm really stumped on, is why my relationships are so complex. There are so many reasons I can list as to why my relationships are so sucky... but I'll leave that out. I really want to discuss High School Relationships.
First off let me start by saying, just because your friends are taken, doesn't mean you have to be.
The problem with most students is that they think being in a relationship is a trend. And, unfortunately, it is. Or at least that's what it's becoming. So many high schoolers get a boy friend or a girlfriend because they think it's cool or because their peers are doing it. 
And we all know what that leads to.  
When I was in school, my classmates would be going out with  a different person every other week. What the hell? CALM DOWN CHILDREN, DON'T BE SO EASY.
You girls don't realize that being single and exclusive and a virgin IS A GOOD THING. 
I'm not saying don't have fun and miss out on your high school experiences, but don't be a hoe either. You don't have to date every guy in the yearbook to have a good time. 
Try getting to know yourself in life, learning what makes you happy. If there's a guy you like, then just talk to him and hang out for a while. There's no rush!!! If you think he's a good person then sure, go ahead and date him (if you're allowed). But don't do anything you will regret. Because once you do it, you can't change it. I think most people forget that. 
That's how rumors start. And gossiping. And bullying.
Do you really want that? Do you want to be known as easy? Do you want to lose your virginity so quickly to just any guy?
Have respect for yourself. Guys will like that (especially older guys, which are way better, just saying). Not just that, you will have something to be proud of. Trust me.
Being a whore isn't cool. It isn't sexy. And it isn't something to be proud of.
But it is trashy. It is dirty. And it's definitely something you will regret. 
Be classy. Be a lady. Be that girl that everyone wanders about. The one that all the guys want but can't have. Well, except a special one ;)...
But do you get my point? Young people these days are losing their values and what it means to be respectable to themselves and one another. 
There is a guy out there for you girls, but you're not going to find him by sampling every dude you see. He will come to you somehow, someway. So just wait. Save yourselves. You will be so so so happy that you did. 

To all of you guys... ENOUGH WITH THE 'SWAG' BULLSHIT. You don't have it. 
What you need to have is a damn clue and pull up your pants. It's not attractive. Sure, those girls that act like hoes and think they run everything will like it. But the girls that are smart and actually about something DON'T. Stop talking and acting like little thug/punks, go to school, and handle your business. Smoking weed all day and partying will get you no where in life. Mouthing off to the teachers that are there to HELP you doesn't make you a 'somebody'. It makes you a sorry person and it's only your loss. Not theirs. You should be ashamed of yourselves. You can do better. You can be better. I know you might be going through some things at home, or have some heavy burdens weighing you down... But please don't give up on school. Don't give up on your education. Like I said in my first post, you don't have to stay in a normal high school, but if you do, make the best of it. Don't make a hassle for those poor teachers. Don't be a slouch. Do what you know is right. 
You're a young man. You're a leader in the world. Don't be a loser or a follower. Those trends going around in school are just that, trends. Don't let them define you. You define yourself.
Getting with a different girl every week is so so wrong. You should have more respect for girls. And for yourself. You're setting the bar very very low. Raise that bar. Don't settle for the girl that takes any guy and causes a scene and doesn't care for herself or anyone else. Go for a nice girl that has a future. 

Bottom line guys, if you're in high school, chill out. Okay? Have fun yes, but don't go crazy. Don't become another follower or another hoe. You are all worthy of the best, so be the best. High school is what you make it, and relationships are a big part of that, so just think about things. (I know I sound like someone that's a nun or  Amish or anti-'learn from my mistakes', but I'm not. I'm just warning you that sometimes we make too many mistakes).

To everyone that's in a relationship and it's getting pretty rough, just make a choice. You can break up and go on with your life. Or you can stay together. That choice isn't the end of the world. So don't worry. If one way doesn't work then try the other. It's never too late to make a change.  
 
Goodluck.
Love, Nana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment